It is the Policy of Stowford Leisure Ltd to follow the principles and rules of the GDPR when we collect, store and process your personal data. For example:
- We try and ensure that your data is accurate and, where necessary, kept up-to-date. We try to ensure that inaccurate data is deleted or amended without delay.
- The data we collect will be sufficient and limited to what is necessary for what we require as a Leisure Vehicle Retailer.
- We endeavour to process your personal data in a manner that ensures appropriate security, and we use appropriate technical or organisational measures.
- Your personal data will be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner:
- Before we have a contract, (workshop appointment or sale), so that we can communicate efficiently with you.
- If we are entering into a contract, so that we can perform our obligations to you and ensure the sales process works effectively between us.
- If we have a contract together, so that we can fulfil our duties to you.
- On an ongoing basis, to keep you up to date with relevant information and ensure that you know all you need to know and would want to know.
Will we share your personal data?
We will never share any of your data with third parties other than our approved associates and only if it is required to administer your account.
As examples, (not an exhaustive list), as Stowford Leisure Ltd, we may need to use your information in the following ways:
- To setup and maintain Your Account with us and all records relating to it.
- For the Administration and Management of your Account, which will involve data transfer between our Offices in Devon and Wales.
- To conduct Marketing Activities, concerning products and/or events we believe you may have interest in.
- We may need to share your details with various industry partners in order to effectively manage our business with you:
- The Caravan Registration & Identification Scheme (CRiS) administered by The National Caravan Council.
- Vehicle Manufacturers such as Bailey, Auto-Sleeper and others (for Warranty Registration purposes, for example).
- Finance Companies such as Black Horse, where this is relevant to your Business with us.
- Industry 3rd Parties who are involved in our Business with you, such as suppliers who will have supplied Parts or Accessories to a Vehicle you may be purchasing from us.
- This may also include, on occasions, 3rd Parties who are connected but not necessarily suppliers. For example, Insurance Companies or Vehicle Repairers. This would normally be for the purposes of After-Sales support or vehicle repair.
- Crucially, we want you to know that this would only be to a 3rd party with a legitimate interest.
Your right to object
- When we are processing your data for our own legitimate interests or the public interest, you have the right to object to us doing so. We have to stop processing your data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for continuing to do so which override your interests, rights and freedoms, (such as fulfilling a Legal obligation upon us).
- Direct Marketing: You have the right to object to us processing your data for the purpose of marketing.
- Your data is collected for legitimate purposes in connection with the business of Stowford Leisure Ltd and will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Your data will be kept in a form which permits identification of you for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed. As a general indication, you can expect this to be a minimum of 7 years in many instances.
To make a data request
- Please email [email protected] to make a data request relating to anything connected to Stowford Leisure Ltd.
Privacy Statement relating to the use of our websites www.stowfordcaravancentre.co.uk and www.stowfordsouthwales.co.uk
Our websites are managed by STOWFORD LEISURE LTD, using industry professionals to assist us in design and maintenance of the sites. The purpose of our business is to provide retail services for touring caravans, campervans and motorhomes in both Devon and South Wales.
We want you to feel secure when visiting our website and are dedicated to maintaining your privacy when doing so. The following provides an overview of how we protect your privacy during your visit to us:
What information do we gather?
We gather information on our websites by one of two ways:
(1) Indirectly – for example, through our site’s technology.
- An example of information we collect indirectly is through our website access logs. When you access our websites your Internet address is automatically collected and is placed in our website access logs.
- We also include Google Analytics on most of our web-pages. Google is an international company that has stringent and fully secure facilities which ensure your security. You can read more about Google Analytics here.
(2) Directly – when you provide us with your information on various pages of our websites and willingly submit it to us.
- For example, throughout our sites, we provide the opportunity to contact us for more information or a quotation. It is completely up to you whether or not you want to provide it.
How do we use this information?
We analyse it to determine what is most effective about our site, to help us identify ways to improve it, and eventually, to determine how we can tailor our websites to make them more effective.
Will we share this with outside parties?
We will never share any information you have provided to us to any 3rd party company, organisation or individual unless it is in connection with the operation of our business with you as we have outlined above.
What about sensitive personal data?
We do not actively seek sensitive or personal data through our website. We do not ask for or encourage any payment information e.g. credit cards and bank details via our websites.
Do we give you access to your information? Please email [email protected] to request changes, removal or access to the personal data we hold on our records for you.
We take appropriate steps to maintain the security of your information on our websites. You should understand that the open nature of the Internet is such that information can flow over networks without security measures and may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the information is intended. Our website and websites server is stored in a secure data centre behind an industry grade hardware firewall.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or other device by websites that you visit across the web. Cookies are widely used (by the majority of websites) in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site such as how people are using it.